Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: XP Upgrade CD - 03-02-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfKeeper
I haven't done that trick in years, but there was a time where the installer would ask for the old CD if it didn't find the original installed. I thought it was for Office, not the operating system.
I did that with Win 95 and with XP Home. In the case of 95 it wanted to see the first floppy from 3.11 and XP wanted to see the 98 CD. XP upgrade would see full ME the same way as it did 98.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#12) Old

Default Re: XP Upgrade CD - 03-03-2009, 01:18 AM

Wow... thanks folks. I already canceled before the last few comments came in. I just didn't want to get this, try the upgrade, see it not work and get hit with Dell's re-stocking fee.

My order was for an Ubuntu/512/4GB/bluetooth/1.3 for 241.00 shipped. For $259 at the Dell Outlet (refurbished) I can get WinXP/1MG/8GB/1.3 webcam... short a bluetooth and at least $25 bucks more, but beats buying a new Win XP license.

Now, if i could only get a coupon code that works at the Dell Outlet to buy this, I'd be in business.

Thanks again everyone, you've all been great.

Dell Mini 9 Black - 16GB - Bluetooth - 1.3 Webcam - XP - Still trying to figure out how to add OSX

« Mini9 at retails stores? | Best config to turn into a Hackintosh? »