Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Ordered mini 9 stock- will this be fine for my uses? - 03-01-2009, 06:21 PM

Ordered a "stock" mini 9. I really do not know much about computers and all of the specs, but I did not upgrade anything and chose no camera. I plan to use this netbook for internet and creating documents (I have been rec'd Open Office- this OK since I will be using Ubuntu) and things like that. Will the stock model be OK for these uses?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Ordered mini 9 stock- will this be fine for my uses? - 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM

You should be okay, and Open Office should be good too. If you plan on creating a lot of documents, you might consider buying an SDHC card (8 or 16 GB) and using that to store your documents. I leave mine in the card reader slot, and use that to store documents, photos, etc.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Ordered mini 9 stock- will this be fine for my uses? - 03-01-2009, 07:02 PM

Is that just like a camera card? Do you just choose to save to removable storage? Thanks so much!
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Ordered mini 9 stock- will this be fine for my uses? - 03-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Yes, some digital cameras use SD cards. HERE are some found on Newegg.com. Yes, once you plug the card in, it will be detected as a removable drive with its own drive letter, then you can save your files to it.

« I have a WAN slot? | My wireless speed is never 54 Mbps »