Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#21) Old

Default Re: Want to reinstall XP on Mini 9 - 03-02-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacken
A buyers ONLY option - if you don't want to be left with all kinds of artifacts in your registry and systems folders - is to reformat the things and install a fresh OS ... assuming you own a copy of your OS of choice to begin with, besides the garbage "recovery" disk Dell (and most others, I'll grant) ships with their systems.
I have bought 5 or 6 Dells including the Mini 9 and every one of them has included a full OS system install CD. I have never had a "recovery" disk from Dell and that is a major selling point for me.
  (#22) Old

Default 12-12-2009, 01:11 PM

hi,
there any update on a simple way to skip the "nvrd32.sys" error with restore cds provided dell with dell mini ?
i'm pretty amazed I couldn't find a practical solution on dell support site for such an issue.
thanks
  (#23) Old

Default 12-12-2009, 03:52 PM

First I must say I know little about computers,However I also had this problem with nvrd32.sys,It was solved by command prompt--chkdsk C: /r.
I also had the problem of missing hal dll. That was never solved. Dell tech support had me send in the SSD and they replaced it with a reconditioned SSD.I was told they could guide me through the repair but it was so long and complicated a return/replacement was best.
  (#24) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 12-12-2009, 03:58 PM

try the NVidia page as where you missing file is a Nvidia Raid file
OR
http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?...at=sup&x=0&y=0
OR
http://support.dell.com/support/topi...t?docid=179256

Good Luck

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#25) Old

Default 12-15-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew2 View Post
First I must say I know little about computers,However I also had this problem with nvrd32.sys,It was solved by command prompt--chkdsk C: /r.
I also had the problem of missing hal dll. That was never solved. Dell tech support had me send in the SSD and they replaced it with a reconditioned SSD.I was told they could guide me through the repair but it was so long and complicated a return/replacement was best.
I don't get it:
I'm trying to reinstall Windows from the Cds, the reinstall doesn't work and ask for nvrd32.sys at the begining.

I tried to generate a new installation cd using that solution.
but I have a regedit error while doing step .5

I'm totally puzzled Dell provided broken installation Cds and but didn't come up with an easy solution. (like automatic patch & burn of it?)
  (#26) Old
Administrator

Default 12-15-2009, 12:46 PM

You are using the CD that came with the Mini, yes?

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#27) Old

Default 12-16-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
You are using the CD that came with the Mini, yes?
yes.
  (#28) Old
Administrator

Default 12-16-2009, 09:14 PM

I can't imagine why the XP install on a Mini 9 cares about this NVidia chipset driver, but see if this thread helps.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#29) Old

Default 12-23-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
I can't imagine why the XP install on a Mini 9 cares about this NVidia chipset driver, but see if this thread helps.
yep sorry that was my fault, i was not booting on the CD but run through a strange HD install.

« Help Cant Create Bootable USB Due to PC 64bit | Aim »