Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default New Outlet Mini Owner. - 02-26-2009, 05:33 AM

Well I have been looking into the OS X thing and it really interested me so I got onto Dell Outlet and on my first visit there I got a $199 scratch and dent. Has 512/8GB with XP on it. Soon to be replaced with 2GB and a 64GB runcore and leopard. Im really excited. Estimated delivery date is 3/6. Has anyone else bought a scratch and dent? Im a little nervous about it, but if its bad I can either skin it or return it. Also, how long does it normally take for MDD to get the 64GB in stock?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: New Outlet Mini Owner. - 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM

I ordered a S&D unit once and it had a tiny blemish on the surface that was unnoticeable unless you were actually looking for it. You won't get something that's looking like it's near death.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: New Outlet Mini Owner. - 02-26-2009, 09:41 PM

Well that makes me feel better about my purchase. I also decided on the 32GB runcore. (Hope it ships fast!) I have 2 external HDD if I really need more space. Its going to be mainly just an internet and notes comp for school. I won't feel near as bad if something happeneds to it as compared to my mac book.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: New Outlet Mini Owner. - 02-27-2009, 06:24 AM

I'm looking for one on the outlet site, one thing I haven't noticed though, is how they specify if it has Bluetooth or not. Can anyone help?
  (#5) Old

Default Re: New Outlet Mini Owner. - 02-27-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klongwood
I'm looking for one on the outlet site, one thing I haven't noticed though, is how they specify if it has Bluetooth or not. Can anyone help?
You can usually tell by price. BT adds $25 to the base price. Sort them by cheapest and you can start to figure it out. You may have to click on a few of them at different price points to look at the system details to figure out how to tell config by price.

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com
  (#6) Old

Default Re: New Outlet Mini Owner. - 02-27-2009, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klongwood
Click on the serial number of the Mini. That should open up another window with what the unit has installed. If BT is not listed, it's not installed.

« Few questions before buying. | In Production »