Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default expand or re-partition flash drive after dell diagnostic? - 02-17-2009, 04:47 AM

so I used a 4gb flash drive to make a bootable drive per dell's diagnostic utility. It resized the partition to 2gb and nothing I've tried will let me resize it back to 4gb, create a 2nd partition or delete the partition. Ive tried windows disk manager, vistas partition manager (in windows setup) and acronis but nothing has worked. I'm sure someone here has been through this before. Being able to do it inside windows is preferable.

thanks
steve
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: expand or re-partition flash drive after dell diagnostic? - 02-17-2009, 05:44 AM

http://en.community.dell.com/wikis/linu ... ility.aspx

Install the above to same USB drive, then boot from drive into DOS and select option#4, then option#4 and option#1 to quick wipe USB drive to reclaim back full size. You can later format the drive under your OS.

(#3) Old

Default Re: expand or re-partition flash drive after dell diagnostic? - 02-17-2009, 02:06 PM

thank you somms
  (#4) Old

Default Re: expand or re-partition flash drive after dell diagnostic? - 03-10-2009, 01:53 PM

Could you please elaborate? I've installed the package but when I boot from the USB drive, it dumps me into the dianostics program - there is no option 4 or a menu for that matter.

Thanks in advance!

« Realtek Audio driver | Hello and a little help choosing my mini please »