Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Thank you - 02-13-2009, 12:43 AM

On behalf of all the newbies - I would like to say thank you to all of you that very un selfishly help us. I apprecaite your time and help with everything. Hopefully after I actually get my mini 9's I can return the favor to others.
Thank you!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Thank you - 02-13-2009, 03:50 PM

I want to add my thanks for all the helpful comments and advice from the "experts." I'm an inexperienced user, but was able to order the 2 GB memory upgrade and install it myself using the wonderful photo guide and instructions on the main forum website. I've also never joined a forum before, but the Mini 9 seems to have given me a sense of empowerment! Thank you to all who share so generously and patiently.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Thank you - 02-18-2009, 02:15 AM

I'm not sure I can put myself in the expert category without looking arrogant and seeming like a jerk, but I've helped a few people.

Don't worry I actually enjoying answering and sharing knowledge. I just want everyone to have a computing experience as fun and trouble free as what I can manage for myself. Also there are a few times when I'm sitting there scratching my head going, "Well that doesn't make sense... Wait, what? WHY IS THERE FIRE?!" and someone talks me through something I overlooked or didn't know myself. (Rare after this many years, but it happens. We all forget to properly seat the RAM or some such once in a while.)

So to those with questions, keep asking because we don't mind so long as you're not a complete pill and to those who answer them keep on rocking in the free world.

Netbooks -> Mini 9 - 2gb Gskill low latency - Ubuntu 8.04
Asus Eee 701 4g - 1gb - Ubuntu 8.04.1
Desktops -> Phenom Quad @ 2.8 - 16gb - 4x Raptor X in RAID 0 - 2x 4870X2
Brisbane 1.9 @ 2.7 - 4gb - 80gb
Many others, all Linux.

« 9n Vs. 9. | Greetings... »