Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default RunCore 64gb SSD? - 02-10-2009, 08:31 PM

For those of you who already have a RunCore 64gb SSD, how much faster, noticeably, is it than the rest? I'm kinda kicking myself because I've already ordered my Mini 9 (being built and processed for shipment at the moment) and I ordered the 16gb SSD with WinXP. I was not aware that the Mini with Ubuntu offered a 64gb drive until I came across this forum last night. I had planned on wiping my drive and putting an nLited version on it anyway, possibly even experimenting with the Mac OS. I'm now telling myself I should have ordered that one, but if having a RunCore would prove to get the best speed outta my Mini, I'm thinking I should wait...maybe even until the 128gb SSD becomes available. Btw, I have already ordered and received my 2gb RAM. Any and all opinions are welcome. A lot of info here, but please refer mainly to my first question. Thanks.

Dell Mini 9 - Obsidian Black, 16GB SSD, 2GB RAM, 1.3MP Webcam, Bluetooth® Internal (2.1), OS: Windows XP
Future Upgrades: RunCore 64GB SSD, Different OS of Choice
  (#2) Old

Default Re: RunCore 64gb SSD? - 02-10-2009, 09:27 PM

I upgraded from the stock STEC 16GB to the RunCore 64GB (as well as upping the RAM to 2GB). It was soooo worth it. The RunCore runs great. I can run multiple apps and carry lots of data with me

It took 3 weeks from order to delivery in December.

White Mini 9 with 2 GB RAM and 64 GB RunCore SSD running Win7 RC1

« New with a question. | igfxpers »