Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Noob with HD questions - 02-10-2009, 06:58 PM

Hello, I am sure this has been posted but I could not find it :evil:

We just got a Dell Mini 9 with a 4gb hard drive and linux. I see that the runcore add at the top of the page sells hard drives, they are out and ebay prices are crazy.

Does the dell mini 9 take a hard drive specific to them, or do they take any mini pci-e ssd? Can I use a EEE hard drive.

I read that the dell's SSD was physically smaller in size, can anyone advise me on this?

We want to upgrade this unit to be usable, XP sucks on a 4 gb drive with novell and symantec.

Thanks in advance
  (#2) Old
Retired Mini user

Default Re: Noob with HD questions - 02-10-2009, 07:09 PM

You have to buy a drive that is specific to the Mini 9's form factor. The SSDs for other netbooks, such as the Eee, are too long. Right now RunCore and Crucial make the only compatible drives aside from Dell, and the RunCore drives are probably your best bet in terms of price and speed.

Getting an iPad
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Noob with HD questions - 02-10-2009, 07:58 PM

Do you know when they will be back in stock? This thing needed a new hard drive yesterday
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Noob with HD questions - 02-11-2009, 06:03 AM

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2655&start=40

hopefully early next week. if you havent hopped on the waiting list, you might as well do that now. but in the meantime, if your current HD already has a functioning OS on it, just make use of your usb ports and SD slot. granted, that's just a temporary solution..but it should tie you over til you get your runcore..if all you need immediately is simply storage space.

« Shutdown vs. Sleep | Lost battery monitor »