Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Can't connect to te internt, just got my dell mini9 Ubuntu - 02-10-2009, 05:26 PM

Please help. I just got my Dell Mini 9 with Ubuntu, it is the first time I use Ubuntu. It found my network with no problem. When I type in the password it tries to connect for about a minute and then says it can not connect(tried at lest 30 times) I have it set up on Automatic.

I then went to System>Administration>Network it won't even let me click on any of the connections (they are all blurry)in order to switch from manual to automatic.

There is one mac and 2 dells (using windows) in this house and they had no problem connecting instantly.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Can't connect to te internt, just got my dell mini9 with Ub - 02-10-2009, 06:33 PM

Ok, really weird. After and hour and a half trying to connect to the internet and restarting the computer 7 times (its freezing up) it automatically connected on the 7th start up (and a few words of promised friendship if it was nice to me). I will trying to use it for a while and hope it is not a fluke.

I am concerned with the fact that it will not allow me to change the network settings, any suggestions? The freeze ups concern me as well but I will give it the benefit of the doubt a little longer.
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Can't connect to te internt, just got my dell mini9 Ubuntu - 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM

i'm not using ubuntu so i cant really help, but i did a site search for "network ubuntu" and found a lot of posts that seem to look promising..try it out
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Can't connect to te internt, just got my dell mini9 Ubuntu - 02-10-2009, 08:58 PM

Great! Thank you very much
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Can't connect to te internt, just got my dell mini9 Ubuntu - 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM

download all the UPDATES ... there are ALOT

and then make sure teh WEP or whatever security you are using is correct

had this problem as well
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Can't connect to te internt, just got my dell mini9 Ubuntu - 02-11-2009, 05:35 PM

Make sure you are using AES encryption on both ends (router and notebook). This is a common problem.

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com

« Lost battery monitor | Will this work? »