Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default My mini 9 today arrived today - 02-08-2009, 12:54 AM

Hey MyDellMini posters, my name is Jesse

I just purchased a refurbished Dell Mini 9 (white) with the bare bones hardware and linux os. The two gig ram chip is already on its way to be installed in the Dell. One question I have though is regarding what you need in able to have Dell service/warranty your laptop. Is an original receipt of purchase required? Or is the computers # on Dells sale record, showing the time of warranty remaining? The previous owner who had it for all of a few days did not give me the receipt in my box :evil: I payed $240, I want ALL that originally came with the computer......is this worth worrying about? :?: Thanks for the help in advance, looking forward to getting to know you all.

1994 Mustang GT - Offroad H-pipe, Flowmaster 40s w/ dumps, K&n intake, stock

|
---------
|
|
  (#2) Old

Default Re: My mini 9 today arrived today - 02-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Chat with Dell online. I believe there's a page on Dell's site which allows you to transfer ownership of a computer. AFAIK, once their system sees you as the owner, you shouldn't have any problems getting warranty coverage.

« XP Re-install | New with a question. »