Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mini9/wireless frustration - 01-31-2009, 06:25 PM

Just got my new Mini 9 in UK ordered 7pm Wed and was delivered 9.30am Fri...amazing!! I am really happy with my choice 16GB Windows XP.Plugged in started up and after a manual config of IP address (as couldnt seem to get it to work on auto) it found my secure network and connected in less than 3 secs...great stuff !! then 5 secs later it dropped.I have tried with firewalls on and off and checked WPA /AES etc is all the same, and my Sony Vaio laptop is connected by wireless the router no problem . I can wire Mini into router and it works great but not with wireless. Using brand new Belkin N wireless router. No inital connection probs ..in fact very quick but then drops ..any ideas ?
  (#2) Old
Super Moderator

Default Re: Mini9/wireless frustration - 01-31-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stat21
Just got my new Mini 9 in UK ordered 7pm Wed and was delivered 9.30am Fri...amazing!! I am really happy with my choice 16GB Windows XP.Plugged in started up and after a manual config of IP address (as couldnt seem to get it to work on auto) it found my secure network and connected in less than 3 secs...great stuff !! then 5 secs later it dropped.I have tried with firewalls on and off and checked WPA /AES etc is all the same, and my Sony Vaio laptop is connected by wireless the router no problem . I can wire Mini into router and it works great but not with wireless. Using brand new Belkin N wireless router. No inital connection probs ..in fact very quick but then drops ..any ideas ?
Going out on a limb here but it wouldn't hurt to install the latest Broadcom driver: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1253#p9095

(#3) Old

Default Re: Mini9/wireless frustration - 02-01-2009, 05:46 PM

thanks for that ..so basically an extra purchase !! guess I was lucky to get mini so quick and this is payback !!! out of interest though I just installed a belkin g card and had same connection then dropping problem so perhaps that is telling me something else !! Reading all the forum ..hey wouldnt it be great to pick up something you really want and just do what it says on the box !
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Mini9/wireless frustration - 02-02-2009, 10:16 AM

An extra purchase is a great addition. Believe me.! It's not a waste of money rather an additional must-have.

-------------------------

Halloween poppers
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Mini9/wireless frustration - 02-02-2009, 05:31 PM

Have you tried running your wireless unsecured, i.e., turn off WPA/WEP and see if you still have the same problem?
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Mini9/wireless frustration - 02-03-2009, 11:25 PM

thanks guys but as it happens no need for purchase... after havinbg the same problem on new household Dell laptop and despite help from local dell outlet staff discovered network key on router not registering new key combo...now running mini and laptop with great results ..router was reading belkin key instead of own network.

« New Dell Mini 9 - Windows Network / Wireless / Bluetooth | Mini 9/12 noe or wait for ASUS Touch Tablet »