Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Want to buy now but need to know what can be "messed" with - 01-31-2009, 05:36 PM

Hi, I am new to the whole netbook thing and am just learing what can be adjusted after I purchase and what can't.

I know that a lot of people switch to 2G and I saw the post on how to do that which seems easy.

However I have question about the 16G SSD and people who have 32G or even 64G. I know that you probably install that after you get it and how easy/hard is that? What websites should I look at to get a larger SSD?

Does that mean I should by a MINI with the true basics then if I will be changing these things in it?
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Want to buy now but need to know what can be "messed" with - 01-31-2009, 05:58 PM

dude its all here in the forums.... everything could be added on later if you want, i mean you could build it from scratch from dell parts if you really wanted.

but to save you some hassle, get a mini with the smallest drive, smallest ram, no XP (if you have a key or want linux), bluetooth and webcam.. then buy ram from where ever you can find it the cheapest and the SSD from mydigitaldiscount.com

« Just pulled trigger | Dell Mini 9 on the way »