Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Dell Mini 9 on the way - 01-30-2009, 03:57 PM

Hello guys,

I have been looking since October for an ultra-portable machine, unfortunately the MacBook Air, and the Sony 11" one was way too pricey, I was going to get a EEEpc 1000 till i heard about this beauty. Since the store didn't have the alpine white, i have ordered it on the interweb, and should be expecting an alpine white Mini 9 in the next week or so, can't wait till I start modding it (hence another reason why i got it)

If your wondering i choose the white one, because the black one is a finger print magnet and seems to show up the fingerprints easier, and i seem to have OCD with stuff staying in mint condition. This is my 2nd laptop; The 1st being the Acer Aspire 5300. Which was a 15.4" laptop that weighs 3 times of a mini 12. :O
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 on the way - 01-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Grats! you'll love it
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 on the way - 01-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Congrats...when is the expected ship date? Hopefully yours doesn't fall under the delay some of us have experienced. For example, I ordered mine on December 5th and it's been delayed 5 times....currently scheduled to ship on Monday, Feb 2nd, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, 64GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM, BT, 1.3MP, IOGEAR BT Mouse, 500GB WD Elite HD, LG GP08 DVD Drive, 16GB Transcend SDHC, AT&T Quicksilver 3G Aircard, Timbuktu Sleeve, Case Logic Case
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 on the way - 01-30-2009, 11:28 PM

In Australia the shipping is 6-10 days. so like i said it should arrive in a week or so... It only costed me US$384, and in Australia we only get one model in two colors, and no ubuntu... Just XP. so its a 1.3MP 16GB SSD.
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 on the way - 01-31-2009, 01:22 AM

Congratulations.

I ordered mine today as well (onyx). I am adding 2GB RAM and 32GB SSD. It comes with Ubuntu 8 but will be using Windows XP Pro. (Sorry!)
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 on the way - 01-31-2009, 10:11 AM

^ yeh i plan to do the same but maybe a 64GB SSD, and I might add a 3G and do some soldering work. also im going to get a 9 cell battery, i need it to last the day.
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Dell Mini 9 on the way - 02-01-2009, 12:24 AM

Just turned mine on for the time. Delivered on Saturday. It is small, and very cool. I was hopping it would come fourth or the fifth. 8gb, 1gb, blue tooth, and no web cam. The key board is small like wow, small. I looked at asus, hp and some other in stores but did not play with key board to much. Do some email and stuff, use it a little. And hay it will be like riding a bike. :lol: Enjoy

« Want to buy now but need to know what can be "messed" with | Models with Bluetooth? »