Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Failure rate on mini 9 16GB SSD? - 01-27-2009, 12:07 AM

Do these things go bad very often? I've just bought two mini, one for work and one for my wife. I used true image + BartPE to image one onto the other and now my system is unstable. Running Diagnostics I get "error code 0f00:0244" which says it's a failed drive.

I called to get it replaced (it was scratched up pretty bad despite being a cert refurbished and not a scratch and dent) but they're saying they can only do returns...which stinks because I used a 20% off coupon to buy this and now that's not available any longer.

I might return this and end up getting the 4GB version, dumping the 4GB drive and the 512MB of memory, and then I'd buy a 32GB RunCore and 2GB of memory for about the same price.
  (#2) Old
Guru

Send a message via AIM to UnaClocker Send a message via Yahoo to UnaClocker
Default Re: Failure rate on mini 9 16GB SSD? - 01-27-2009, 01:51 AM

Seems the few that go bad are usually bad within a few hours of being new. Get a week out of the thing, and they'll live a normal life span.

Tired of wondering if your Mini9 is doing ANYTHING? - Add a HDD Activity LED
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Failure rate on mini 9 16GB SSD? - 01-27-2009, 07:03 PM

If you want a decent sized (faster) drive anyways, doing the low end route and upgrading is a great method.

Dell outlet is doing another round of 20% off deals right now, too, so you can grab a discounted one with this code HFSPJ2B288CR31 No idea how long it is good for, though.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Failure rate on mini 9 16GB SSD? - 01-28-2009, 02:21 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I picked up a 4GB with 512MB RAM for $202 after shipping/tax. Then I ordered a 32GB RunCore and 2GB RAM from crucial. Now all I need to do is get the decal and sleeve and my wife should be pretty happy.

« "unread mail messages" | U PEOPLE FREAK MY OUT »