Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Do you like ubuntu on mini9? - 02-07-2009, 09:41 PM

Hello to all i bought the ubuntu mini as a way to save money here is what i got , 4gb ssd 512 ram ubuntu 8.04 .30 web cam Alpine White
Previously ordered new, for 220.71 shipped as far as ubuntu goes all i did was update it using the update manager and it is running very nice i bought it for my wife and she cant tell the difference i keep telling her that i would like to swap out the OS and she looks at me like why? So from what i have gathered and based on my experience with ubuntu so far so good

Ice Blue 32gb ssd 2gb ram OSX .3mp camera....
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Do you like ubuntu on mini9? - 02-09-2009, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy
No, I am strongly considering reverting to XP

Networking keeps breaking and I have had to reinstall the OS 4 times now in a week. I have never had to do that with Windows
This sounds more like a hardware issue to me. I'm running a full install of Ubuntu 8.10 and I haven't had a single problem - and no blue screen crashes!

Obsidian Mini9 - Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope 9.04 (Full version) with Cairo Dock, 16GB Runcore SSD, 1GB RAM, 8GB SDHC Class 6, Bluetooth (dongle), Burl Walnut skin
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Do you like ubuntu on mini9? - 02-12-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circs

Also big thing: Dump flash 9 and go for flash 10. Life is much better that way.
Hi Circs, I have the regular Ubuntu that came with my Dell, and I had actually tried Flash 10 and it slowed my videos that I watch on websites down considerably. I had to switch back to Flash 9 it was so bad. Any ideas why mine did that, since it sounds like you had the exact opposite experience? Thanks!
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Do you like ubuntu on mini9? - 02-13-2009, 04:02 PM

I tried Ubuntu using the Dell load but the wireless networking wouldn't re-connect back to my home network (using a hidden SSID) without reconfiguring the network manager each time. I really like Ubuntu just not with a wireless network. I dropped my original XP image back onto the box and it is a much happier situation.

« Manual Opening in Notepad | do all mini 9s have broadband modem »