Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Unhappy New and helpless! - 06-24-2014, 10:45 PM

Hi everyone, my name's Szymon and I'm new here! I've had a Dell Mini 10v since they first came out, and lately, I wanted another little mini, so I checked Craigslist and saw that someone is selling a mini 9 with Ubuntu for $100, so I jumped on the opportunity. Needless to say, I'm in love with the little guy, and it came with everything except the restore CD's! It's running Ubuntu 8.0.4, which is terribly outdated and slow, so I'm trying to install Windows XP. This is where I'm also having an issue. When I try to run the install, everything loads (drivers, etc) but it hangs at "Setup is starting Windows" which is really weird, as I've never had this issue! Please help? Thanks!

P.S. The Specs are: 1GB of RAM, 8GB mSATA SSD, etc.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 06-25-2014, 10:59 PM

What is your source for XP? Is it a retail install CD for which you have a valid license? A Dell restore CD? Something else? Are you using a USB CD drive, a flash drive, something else?

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« DELL mini inspirion 910 upgrade SSD | New Guy Here, On my second Mini! »