Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Messed up, need to start all over - 04-08-2012, 10:27 PM

Okay . . . Hope someone can help.
Dell Mini 9.
With a friend's help, turned it into a hackintosh. Modified something in BIOS (?) and purchased a new, larger SSD on which he installed Mac OS.
So, I have the original SSD with Ubuntu on it (as it came from Dell).

The Mac OS no longer works. It was a pain anyway because it was always trying to update Itunes, etc.

I'd like to get the system back running Ubuntu.. on the larger SSD drive. Perhaps updated to the latest release possible (is that Ubuntu netbook remix?)

Unfortunately, I'm clueless. I'd guess I need to do something with the BIOS or boot-up and then install Ubuntu from a usb cd/dvd??? Can someone help, please? I do have the original Ubuntu CD if that helps.

Thanks
  (#2) Old

Default 04-09-2012, 12:13 PM

Take a look here Download | Ubuntu

I suggest that you use 10.04 LTS & you must use 32 bit vs. 64 bit on the Mini 9. The instructions are very clear. Note that you will not get the Broadcom wireless driver until you connect via ethernet to get the update.

Oops! I forgot the BIOS question. Make sure you have legacy USB enabled.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |

Last edited by lswartz; 04-09-2012 at 12:16 PM.

« Just upgraded my 10v, want to dual boot Windows 7 + Mac | Help Required from Someone Whose Loyalties lie with iPAQs! »