Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Where can I buy a Mini 9 drivers and restore disk? - 03-02-2012, 06:26 AM

Hello all, I just joined and this looks like it's going to be a fun forum! Thanks to all of you for contributing your extensive knowledge :-)
I have a Mini 9, and it has an 8GB SSD. It's nearly full just from junk from the last user. I want to reinstall Windows XP and I found a great thread on how to install drivers for this one. But it would be much easier if I had the install disks for drivers. Does anyone know where I can buy one?
Thanks in advance, glad I found this website! Cheers!
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM

I'm not sure one exists. My Mini 9 came with an XP restore CD that did an image restore of the factory configuration, including drivers. Maybe later versions did it differently.

There isn't really a lot to install.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 03-03-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
I'm not sure one exists. My Mini 9 came with an XP restore CD that did an image restore of the factory configuration, including drivers. Maybe later versions did it differently.

There isn't really a lot to install.

Actually, there's the power battery function, the function keys, the Dell factory restore image software, several other Dell proprietary programs. I'm still looking....
  (#4) Old
Administrator

Default 03-03-2012, 01:47 PM

The only place you could possibly buy such CDs from, legally, is Dell. The Dell proprietary applications are downloadable and might be newer than what was on the restore CD.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« no os | Base System Devices ??? »