Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Help please! - 02-22-2012, 05:09 PM

If I buy a 16 GB SDHC card can I install the «Office package» there and run it from the card?
I'm asking this because my mini dell as so little memory that it's always asking me to uninstall things to free some space.... (and I already don´t have anything install, not even the Ofiice!)
Can someone help me?
Thanks!
Maria
  (#2) Old

Default 02-22-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Silva View Post
If I buy a 16 GB SDHC card can I install the «Office package» there and run it from the card?
I'm asking this because my mini dell as so little memory that it's always asking me to uninstall things to free some space.... (and I already don´t have anything install, not even the Ofiice!)
Can someone help me?
Thanks!
Maria
Maria,

Depending on the operating system version you are running this can indeed be done. I previously installed a trimmed-down version of Windows 7 on my Mini 9, then I installed all future programs on the 16-GB SD card. It worked fine, though program loading was naturally a bit slower than it would have been if installed on the system drive.

-- Dan Shane --

Dell Latitude 2100 | Ball Field Green | 2 GB RAM | 500GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Dell Inspiron Duo | 2 GB RAM | 320GB 7200 RPM HD | Windows 8.1 Enterprise| Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

« Must Have Software for Mini 9 | battery problem »