Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default 11-20-2011, 02:21 AM

This does not make any sense at all. The same flash drive fails on 2 different Mini 10v netbooks. I just tried 10.04 LTS on my son's 10v with BIOS A00 & it boots in all 3 USB ports while it is on the battery so I don't think it is a power issue. I think you have a bad flash drive or a corrupted download. Maybe try my version of Ubuntu on your flash drive or the 32-bit version of 10.10. Next I would try a different flash drive.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#12) Old

Default 11-21-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
This does not make any sense at all. The same flash drive fails on 2 different Mini 10v netbooks. I just tried 10.04 LTS on my son's 10v with BIOS A00 & it boots in all 3 USB ports while it is on the battery so I don't think it is a power issue. I think you have a bad flash drive or a corrupted download. Maybe try my version of Ubuntu on your flash drive or the 32-bit version of 10.10. Next I would try a different flash drive.
Well, i know it's not a corrupt download, because I made a disk out of the same iso file and burnt a cd that i'm using on a sony desktop while i type. It might take me a while to make another pendrive on another flashdrive, because i don't have another that is more than a gb, so i guess thanks for the help, I'll have to try it later.
  (#13) Old

Default 11-27-2011, 01:24 PM

Does it try to boot at all. You might want to try checking the partition and seeing if it has been set as a boot able partition. If you don't have a partition program you can download Easeus's partition master which works great and is free.

I have been creating boot able flash drives for the past two years and have had several problems with programs that create the flash drive not setting the partition on the flash drive as being boot able. Using Easeus and setting the partition as being the primary, active partition usually solves the problem. Of course that would have to be the problem for this fix to fix it.

Worth a check though; the Easeus program is a big help if you are going to create boot able flash drives or boot able SD/HC cards. Can't tell you how many times it has helped me fix problems.fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

Tags
boot problem flash drive

« Hi all | General Help »