Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default hey everyone. - 11-08-2011, 12:00 PM

Im a new member and as my name suggest my mini is broken . its been that way for awhile and i finally want to get it up and running so i can give it to my neighbors son for Christmas. Hes a great kid that i think will love it. i really didn't use it as much so i want it to go to a deserving home.

The problem with the mini is that i believe the hard drive crapped out on me, i get an error when the mini loads up. i also need a new charger for it as well. where can i get these items? if i get a new ssd will it come loaded with windows? where can i get the charger? im so confused lol. any help is GREATLY appreciated. in the mean while i will continue to browse the forums to find information. thanks
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 11-08-2011, 02:59 PM

Welcome to the forum!

A new SSD will be blank - it will have nothing on it. You can buy an SSD from MyDigitalDiscount - be sure that any SSD you buy says explicitly that it is for the Mini 9, Inspiron 910 or Vostro A90. Any other will not work.

When you get a new SSD, you will need to install an OS. If you have the Dell Restore CD that came with your Mini you can use a USB CD/DVD reader to reinstall the OS. Another possibility is to download a free Linux distribution that can be installed from a USB flash drive.

Many people have bought chargers on eBay.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 11-12-2011, 05:16 PM

thanks so much! hopefully i can find a stock 8gb ssd for sale in the sale section

« need to crack password at startup!! | delete photoes »