Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 02:20 AM

I finally received my Mini, and after playing with it the low battery indicator was telling me to recharge. I have since plugged in with the laptop off, and only the on/off light is flashing, and there is NO indication that the battery is charging.

I tried reseating the battery twice already.
I also tried to leave it plugged in and closed, but when I try to turn it on I get no response.
I have unplugged the Mini and tried turning it back on, and still nothing. :x

Please help me.
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 03:12 AM

I'm pretty sure my battery light doesn't come on when the battery is charging. I think it's only a low-battery warning, not a charge light.

I might be reading your note wrong, but if you aren't able to turn the machine on at the moment, try this - unplug the Mini, take out the battery, and then, with the battery out, plug the machine back in. Then try starting up. If it starts, shut down, unplug, put the battery back in, and try again, both unplugged and plugged.

In the past this has worked for weird battery issues on laptops. Hopefully this helps!
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 03:31 AM

I tried that with tech support, and it did not do anything.

They are sending me a return box so they can check it out.

Thanks though.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 06:14 AM

when I plug the AC in after powering off, my light flashes. Usually stops after 30-45 minutes and mini is now fully juiced.

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle
when I plug the AC in after powering off, my light flashes. Usually stops after 30-45 minutes and mini is now fully juiced.
But while you have it plugged in are you able to turn on your mini? I can't even do that when plugged in.
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 04:33 PM

I spoke to dell again, and now they are sending me a new charger. They seem to think it is a faulty charger and not a "send the laptop in" kinda problem. I guess I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone know where I can buy a charger so I can test out this theory?
  (#7) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Flashing on/off LED while plugged in, unable to turn on Mini - 01-21-2009, 06:17 PM

RadioShack, BestBuy, Fry's, etc. Look for a replacement notebook power supply that supports Dell Inspiron.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« "Base,No Bios,N270,1.6,512K Diamondville,910 " | Trying to decide... »