Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Hi There! - 08-09-2011, 08:14 AM

Hi everyone.

Just joined the forum as a mate has given me his 'broken' Dell mini 9.
He isn't a techie and had his eye on something bigger anyway.

So I have this neat little device and after running Dell diagnostics on it find that the sdd is totally borked.
So I have ordered a run core 32gb which should arrive in a few days.

I have always been a Windows tech and then moved into Linux NetApp and VMware a couple of years ago.
Now I find with work giving me an iPhone and the Mrs getting me an iPad for my birthday last month I'm really getting into Apple products.

I see from the compatibility list that a Dell mini 9 is all ticks for a hackintosh and I am going to give it a go (i mod every device I own)
I'm just wondering what is the best version of OSX to install on my mini 9? I'm heading over to the OSX forum to ask in a minute

I'm happy to have found this forum, and hope to be an active part of it.
Cheers!
  (#2) Old

Default 08-10-2011, 03:54 PM

You are headed to the right forum for info on OSX. I hope you enjoy your Mini 9. Mine is on all day long every day & no problems with it at all. 2 1/2 years old too.

| Dell Mini 10v | Linux Lite |
  (#3) Old

Wink 08-11-2011, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalThee View Post
Hi everyone.

Just joined the forum as a mate has given me his 'broken' Dell mini 9.
He isn't a techie and had his eye on something bigger anyway.

So I have this neat little device and after running Dell diagnostics on it find that the sdd is totally borked.
So I have ordered a run core 32gb which should arrive in a few days.

I have always been a Windows tech and then moved into Linux NetApp and VMware a couple of years ago.
Now I find with work giving me an iPhone and the Mrs getting me an iPad for my birthday last month I'm really getting into Apple products.

I see from the compatibility list that a Dell mini 9 is all ticks for a hackintosh and I am going to give it a go (i mod every device I own)
I'm just wondering what is the best version of OSX to install on my mini 9? I'm heading over to the OSX forum to ask in a minute

I'm happy to have found this forum, and hope to be an active part of it.
Cheers!
Welcome to the forum! And, I wish I were as loved as you are! It would be nice if someone gave ME their tablet, and someone bought ME a new phone
  (#4) Old

Default 08-11-2011, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lswartz View Post
You are headed to the right forum for info on OSX. I hope you enjoy your Mini 9. Mine is on all day long every day & no problems with it at all. 2 1/2 years old too.
I'm glad to hear it. I have successfully booted with OSX 10.6.3 and got as far as the HDD selection, so pretty chuffed. Guys in the OSX forum pointed me in the right direction. Just waiting for the runcore ssd to arrive in the post! The original one is borked.
Really looking forward to getting into OSX. THE mini 9 is perfect!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico ANDROID View Post
Welcome to the forum! And, I wish I were as loved as you are! It would be nice if someone gave ME their tablet, and someone bought ME a new phone
Haha. I gave my mate a 17inch Toshiba laptop in exchange for his broken mini, he was very happy and lets face it got the best of the deal. Birthdays are awesome when the wife buys you an ipad Thats love for you (but my daughter is on it all the time, i hardly get a look in!).

« New member! [rts] | How to upgrade C drive on mini-9 from 8 to 16 GB ? »