Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#21) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 01-31-2009, 01:14 AM

thanks for the info...i decided to return mine

even though it was shipped fedex, i'll use the same box but they gave a ups return label through email.
i was told i'll get a full refund within 30days and no shippin/restock fee since they sent the wrong color.
i cant find anywhere on the receipt, packing slip, etc where it mentions the color of the mini. i did order white, but they sent black...i dont want them to mess me up on shipping/restock fee of no proof of a mistaken order
  (#22) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 01-31-2009, 04:27 AM

Whenever you buy from the Dell outlet, take note of the service tag of the system you put in your shopping cart. They won't tell you anywhere in any of your email invoices, etc. what the service tag is. But when you get the item, you can see if they really sent you the same one you ordered.

There are stories of people buying a refurbished computer, and receiving a different, better, refurbished computer. So, what happens to the one they actually paid for?

You got it.
  (#23) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 01-31-2009, 11:58 PM

I have probably ordered 20+ items through Dell Outlet in the last several years. I have never received anything less than specified but have occasionally received a better system than I ordered. Just as examples I ordered a Dimension 8400 with a specified 3.2 Gig processor that actually had a 3.4 Gig processor. And a supposedly scratched and dented E310 that someone had overtightened a body panel screw. Loosening that restored the computer to new condition.

Earlier today I ordered a Mini 9 that has about all of the options available except an external CD/DVD drive. Now my wife wants one also!

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO
  (#24) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 02-01-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayver0723
thanks for the info...i decided to return mine

even though it was shipped fedex, i'll use the same box but they gave a ups return label through email.
i was told i'll get a full refund within 30days and no shippin/restock fee since they sent the wrong color.
i cant find anywhere on the receipt, packing slip, etc where it mentions the color of the mini. i did order white, but they sent black...i dont want them to mess me up on shipping/restock fee of no proof of a mistaken order
is

You can sign in to your Dell Account and check your order history. You will get all the info you need for all the items you have purchased in the past 2 years.
  (#25) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 02-01-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickles
You can sign in to your Dell Account and check your order history. You will get all the info you need for all the items you have purchased in the past 2 years.
Sure enough. Go to that order, click to view invoice, then at the bottom of the list of components it says "REF/SVT# ******* DISCOUNT(S) AND/OR COUPO" Where the *s is your Service Tag.
  (#26) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 02-17-2009, 01:32 PM

Recieved my second mini 9 yesterday for my wife.... Not sure how there could be any confusion. One of the many reasons Dell is going down the tubes. Thought you guys might get a kick out of this.

MY RESPONSE TO DELL
Perhaps you did not read the problem. The system is *NOT* CHERRY RED it is PINK! Do I need to send you a picture?

RESPONSE
Dear William,

Thank you for contacting Dell Online Customer Care.

I reviewed the details of your account and would like to inform you that you have received the correct system. The service tag of the system shipped is ******** and you have received the same. The color is CHERRY RED only.

ORIGINAL PROBLEM SUBMISSION
Questions: Please tell us the specific part of your order that is wrong. = notebook
Has your order shipped from Dell? = yes

Comments: This system was supposed to be Red instead I received a Pink System. Did I receive the correct system? The service tag for the system I received is *******.

Item Number Quantity Item Description

1 Inspiron Mini 9 (910) Laptop: Intel Atom Processor N270 (1.6GHz/533Mhz FSB/512K cache) No DVD or CD Drive
1 4 Cell Primary Battery
1 McAfee Security Center, 30 Day
1 30W AC Adapter
1 Software
1 Software
1 Cherry Red
1 No WAN card Slot
1 Information
1 Dell Support 2.0 Software
1 Processor Label
1 BOXNET, 1.0
1 Intel Integrated Graphics Media Accelerator 950
1 Previously Ordered New
1 Service Software
1 Software
1 Dell Solution Center Software
1 No WAN card Slot
1 Operating System DVD
1 Processor Label
1 Integrated 1.3M Pixel Webcam
1 Shipping Material
1 1 GB DDR2 SDRAM 533MHz (1 DIMMs)
1 Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Reader
1 Miscellaneous
1 Genuine Windows XP Home
1 Glossy 8.9 inch LED display (1024X600)
1 Notebook Keyboard
1 Microsoft Works 9.0
1 16 GB Solid State Drive
1 Operating System DVD
1 ISP Search Assist
1 Wireless 802.11g Mini Card
  (#27) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 02-27-2009, 06:25 AM

I'm looking for a Mini on the outlet site, one thing I haven't noticed though, is how they specify if it has Bluetooth or not. I really want BT but all the site mentions is WWAN, etc. Can anyone help?
  (#28) Old

Default Re: Dell Outlet - 02-27-2009, 10:03 AM

I think if you'll look through enough of the Item Descriptions you'll find that some of them are listed as having Blue-Tooth. It is normally the next-to-last item listed, (below the color and above the screen description).

Apparently Dell just doesn't sell that many that are Blue-Tooth capable.

I know I looked several days trying to find an inexpensive one that had both a camera AND Blue-Tooth. I finally gave up and ordered one without Blue-Tooth and added a $3 Blue-Tooth button after I received it.

Good Luck!

Mini 9=Black/64gb RunCore SSD/1.3 camera/Blue Tooth/2gb RAM/WAN Card Slot and running XP PRO

« Hello Folks | Should I wait to install new parts? »