Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Tips on removing un-necessary Dell software - 01-19-2009, 04:55 PM

Do any of you have any tips on stripping the Mini 9 of unnecessary Del loaded software that are useless, like Microsoft works, etc. A list of what to keep and what to unload ?? I ordered my Mini 9 with the 16gb ssd and will be using it for business on the road. I plan on loading Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird for email and web, as well as Open Office for word processing, etc. Thanks in advance for your help !
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default Re: Tips on removing un-necessary Dell software - 01-19-2009, 05:18 PM

What's "useless" to you may be useful to others. MS Works is a perfectly reasonable office suite. If you choose not to use it, then just uninstall it. Look at the Add/Remove Programs list and remove anything you don't want.

The only things Dell loads that I would consider of dubious value are the McAfee trial software and the Dell Video Chat application.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Tips on removing un-necessary Dell software - 01-20-2009, 01:25 AM

You could also make a N-lite install with everything that you want on it and install widows using that. then you will always have everything that you want and nothing that you don't want. Its not an easy way to remove the dell programs but a good thing to have if you ever need to do a reinstall

« Hi peoples | Dual Boot XP/Vista and OS X »