Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#21) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 03-17-2011, 03:14 AM

personally I am so happy I ordered the 1366x768 HD with mine....I couldnt imagine my system without it now...and really I had no choice in the matter because you had to get that screen if you wanted the TV Tuner which I did....and my big HP Laptop runs at 1680x1050 res so I am very spoiled when it comes to Hi-Res...oh well...just my 0.02

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#22) Old

Wink 04-08-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil_GA View Post
Good logic. However, since this is a one-off purchase for me, and my needs are very light for the machine, keeping the initial buy-in to under $300 is a key goal (else I would certainly go after a first-generation 16 GB iPad along with a "flimsy" keyboard).

Therefore, while I don't need Office on either one of my (soon to be) two netbooks, it is good to know that these machines are capable of handling it.

In my case, the most "extreme" I intend to get with the netbook is to potentially dual-boot with a Linux variant (seriously looking at Joli OS), more as an experimental thing than anything else.

Thanks once again for the great feedback and the warm welcome
If you would like to try Jolicloud put it on the 1010 you already have. It has the best support for the GMA500 graphics chip of any of the Linux's I have tried. It even supports the high res screen if you have it.
I am sure it would run fine on the 1012 also. I was a little put off with it in the beginning but as I used it more and more and found out just how good it can be; I now use it more than Ubuntu 10.04 that I also have installed.
IF you want to experiment with cloud computing Joli 1.2 is the way to go. Another nice thing about it is it auto updates every time you log on to it. It is kept up to date with NO effort on your part. Good luck fdalbor

Dell Mini 1010 XP--10.04/Mandriva One/Joli 1.2
Compaq R4000 laptop AMD 64
Compaq SR2034NX AMD 64

« Upgrade from 1 to 2 Gig | Ubunto to XP ... Lost Wireless Capability »