Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Ordered mine today! - 01-15-2009, 11:01 PM

Hi there, just ordered my ubuntu 32GB mini today. Scheduled delivery is the 27th (boo) so I'll be getting my ducks in a row for the OSX install in the meantime. I came over from the insanelymac forum where I managed to get my old IBM T43 up and running, sort of. I must say the method described here looks like a breeze in comparison; thanks to those that have done the dirty work to make it so.

Cheers - Michael
  (#2) Old

Send a message via Yahoo to GerallK
Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-15-2009, 11:10 PM

Welcome to the forums - I hope your OS transplant runs smoothly...

Obsidian Mini 9 > 2gb ram, 16gb ssd, bluetooth, 1.3mp webcam, us-intl kbd
Internal Mods > usb hub, 16gb flash drive, 8gb flash drive, added webcam, changed kbd
Software Mods > Dellbuntu 8.04.1 | Gentoo 2008.0
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-15-2009, 11:29 PM

I also ordered mine in the last few days, really excited to get, should be delivered the 27-29. Can't wait to take it appart, already have a G. Skills 2gb memory stick ready to go, ordered from newegg, and already has shipped.
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-19-2009, 01:16 PM

I ordered on FRI 16 JAN and my status says it should ship on 28 JAN. But sheesh, reading posts elsewhere in this forum I will count myself lucky if it really ships when Dell has initially estimated.

Obsidian black, 512mb (with a 2gig Kingston stick on the way from NewEgg), 64gig drive, 1.3 cam with Ubuntu but I've got a retail XP license so I'll dual-boot.

I also ordered the specially-made-for-the-Mini9 Belkin bag from Dell 'cuz it looks perfect for my needs.

OMG I'm all antsy waiting, reading everything I can find about tweaking, modding, hacking it.... So glad I found this site!

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-19-2009, 04:37 PM

Welcome to the 8.9 inch mafia... The machine is just the first in a downward spiral of mini purchases...

Cheers!
------------------------------------
Dell Mini 9
Black, 1Gb RAM, 16G SSD, 1.3MP cam, Bluetooth, fingerprints everywhere
  (#6) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-20-2009, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCheapo
Welcome to the 8.9 inch mafia... The machine is just the first in a downward spiral of mini purchases...
Thanks a lot This forum is awesome.

Hmm, I think based on your .sig I'm about due to pick and order a skin. Heh heh

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#7) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM

Hey @thaddeussmith and @outkast007, have your estimated shipping dates changed since you first ordered?

Also, assuming you're "in production" like I am, have you found whether you're in the "boxing stage" too (you can find out by calling 1-800-433-9014 and putting in your order number)?

(#8) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-21-2009, 09:12 PM

my ship date still shows the initial one of the 27th. web still says "in production", and the phone status does indicate "in the boxing stage" ..though I'm not sure wtf kind of indicator that means. knowing dell it could take a week for them to tape that thing up.
  (#9) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-21-2009, 09:29 PM

Heh heh, yeah -- I called and got "boxing stage" yesterday; today I talked to a rep who said "boxing stage" doesn't necessarily mean it's ready to be packaged.

Greaaaat. :P

(#10) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-22-2009, 12:24 AM

Not to rub it in (seriously!), but reading this makes me really glad I ordered mine from the online outlet. Placed my order Monday afternoon, and the status went to shipped about twelve hours later. According to the FedEx tracking site I should have it by Friday or Saturday.

But I still hate waiting!

« Turning off Ubuntu Help Center | Wireless won't work in Switzerland! »