Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#21) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-25-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Marmot
Oh my. I can't believe I bought my Mini 9 in the one week when the 20% off coupon wasn't in effect. It expired the 16th, I bought mine on the 19th, and it looks like the coupon is back here on the 24th. Darn my luck! :shock:
Tried to use the 'new' coupon. It said it was already used, so I have a feeling that if you already used that coupon you can't use it again.

Not that I need multiple machines - but one of my employees is going back to school and really wanted one. Had I been able to get the deal I would have grabbed one for him and just had him pay me back... but the cost is just a shade to high to speculated on otherwise...

Black Mini 10v | Win 7 - Ubuntu 9.10 dual boot
  (#22) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArKay
Tried to use the 'new' coupon. It said it was already used, so I have a feeling that if you already used that coupon you can't use it again.
Nah, I think that coupon has run its course. Last night I was adding some items to my cart and applying the coupon with no problem. Just tried it and it gave me the same error you got. I believe this coupon was only good for 2000 redemptions, so it looks like 2000 people have already used 'em.
  (#23) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-25-2009, 09:07 PM

Yep, coupon has run its course, I had one that was different from the ones on slickdeals and it is no longer working, outlet seems to be pretty picked over too, just 4 and 8gb mini's left. I just ordered mine yesterday morning, and it says shipped, and I have gotten the "order accepted", "order acknowledged" and now "order shipped " emails, but no tracking number yet. I bought two of the cheapest I could get, both have the .3Mp camera, one has linux and 4 gig drive, the other windows and 8 gb. $201 and $223 shipped respectively. I am going to keep one, and upgrade the other and sell it to a friend, have a 32gb runcore on the way, have to decide which will get it, and see if I have to buy an Apple license for my friends too (I belong to the ADC community, so I get a new copy of OSX every year for personal use). So thats the story there.

Also I may have to make a choice in a few months,I am signed up, and have paid for the pandora system from openpandora.org. Not nearly as powerful as these dells, can't even run windows, but it is a completely open source community project, and looks like a ton of fun, and at the size of a Nintendo DS it will be much smaller. So we will see which I like better, and the other may end up being sold.
  (#24) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-29-2009, 08:35 PM

after sitting for 2 days at the sort facility 30 miles away due to ice storms, mine is finally on the truck for delivery.

« Turning off Ubuntu Help Center | Wireless won't work in Switzerland! »