Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-22-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Marmot
Not to rub it in (seriously!), but reading this makes me really glad I ordered mine from the online outlet. Placed my order Monday afternoon, and the status went to shipped about twelve hours later. According to the FedEx tracking site I should have it by Friday or Saturday.
But I still hate waiting!
That's great, though!! Buying from the Outlet definitely gets faster shipping -- they're already built! Enjoy it!

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-22-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyDicePHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nice Marmot
Not to rub it in (seriously!), but reading this makes me really glad I ordered mine from the online outlet. Placed my order Monday afternoon, and the status went to shipped about twelve hours later. According to the FedEx tracking site I should have it by Friday or Saturday.
But I still hate waiting!
That's great, though!! Buying from the Outlet definitely gets faster shipping -- they're already built! Enjoy it!
getting a machine more in line with what i want is worth the wait. and it gave me time to get my RAM and US/INTL keyboard in :P
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-22-2009, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaddeussmith
getting a machine more in line with what i want is worth the wait. and it gave me time to get my RAM and US/INTL keyboard in :P
Sure, whatever you have to tell yourself to make the wait more bearable. :lol:

j/k. You have a good point: you got to order exactly what you wanted. I was at the mercy of the available stock on the outlet site. Luckily, the one previously ordered/new Mini available was the one I would have configured anyway. 8-)

I'm definitely interested in the US-INTL keyboard. I'm going to give the stock keyboard a shot first, but something makes me think that won't last long.
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-22-2009, 05:53 AM

Actually I couldn't find the right base components in a machine from the Outlet -- none that I saw as recently as TUE had anything larger than a 16gig drive. While I've read the stock 64gig drive isn't as fast as the replacement one (RunCore?), I didn't want to sink the $ into the replacement drive up front.

Black, 2gb RAM, 64gb SS drive, Windows 7, 1.3 cam. Ordered 16 JAN 09; Delivered 23 JAN 09
  (#15) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-23-2009, 01:59 PM

Me too, I lucked out and got a previously ordered as new (using the 20 percent off refurb coupon) from the Outlet, payed for the cheapest shipping, which i think is 8 bucks, and I had it on the third day afterward. Less than three days. I had placed the order in the late afternoon, and by that night it had shipped already supposedly. But hey, you are getting a brand new Mini configured just how you like it, so don't worry, it's worth the wait.
  (#16) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-23-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solange82200
Me too, I lucked out and got a previously ordered as new (using the 20 percent off refurb coupon) from the Outlet, payed for the cheapest shipping, which i think is 8 bucks, and I had it on the third day afterward. Less than three days. I had placed the order in the late afternoon, and by that night it had shipped already supposedly. But hey, you are getting a brand new Mini configured just how you like it, so don't worry, it's worth the wait.
Wow, that's fast -- and it sounds like you got a great deal, too! I was able to get $25 off instantly so I sank that back into overnight delivery. I'm really glad I did, too -- I was laid off in DEC but I start a new job on MON and I'd've gone (even more) NUTS if nobody was gonna be home to sign for my new baby!

(#17) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-23-2009, 04:48 PM

woot! shipped today, which means it'll probly be here monday (i'm in dfw).
  (#18) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-24-2009, 07:58 AM

Mine came in the mail toady from the outlet. Looks just like new. Beautiful! Except for the wallpaper... that was the first thing to go... even a Dell logo-ed one would've been better...
  (#19) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-24-2009, 07:14 PM

I ordered from the outlet today

cheap XP one 512k I will replace anyway anf 8GB SSD which I might replace in the future
with 20 % off it was a great deal.

they had Linux ones starting at $229 less $20% , real cheap to start playing !

Beaulieu

just ordered Mini 9 from DELL outlet, 8GB SSD , Windows XP Home, I need to figure out external battery pack and when I get it strip out extra bloatwear, otherwise I know very little about computers and lots about old VWs
  (#20) Old

Default Re: Ordered mine today! - 01-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus
Mine came in the mail toady from the outlet. Looks just like new. Beautiful! Except for the wallpaper... that was the first thing to go... even a Dell logo-ed one would've been better...
Oh my. I can't believe I bought my Mini 9 in the one week when the 20% off coupon wasn't in effect. It expired the 16th, I bought mine on the 19th, and it looks like the coupon is back here on the 24th. Darn my luck! :shock:

« Turning off Ubuntu Help Center | Wireless won't work in Switzerland! »