Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default How to send signal out of VGA port. - 01-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Hi, everyone. Newbie first post. I have a dell mini 10 I am trying to send video to my 55" HP lcd TV. My tv has a vga port as does my mini 10. I am not able to get a signal to the tv. My tv has no vga source in the source menu. It does have a PC source. I've tried all input sources and cannot get a signal on the tv. There must be a way to send the signal out of the vga slot from the mini 10. Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

Well I figured it out. First I made a mistake in saying it was a Dell mini, it's a Acer mini. I bought a Dell mini for my daughter and got confused. I'm told that on an Acer you right click on home page, open monitor options and chose external... or some semblance of that . Sorry for the error. Great forum
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM

On pretty much all portable computers there is a function key combination, or a dedicated button, that switches display modes for external displays. Usually the key has a logo on it that looks like a monitor screen.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 01-22-2011, 09:04 AM

make sure you have the chipset driver/progam
and put your tv on pc source even though it doesnt go through just to be safe
if your mini9 was able to detect a second moniter(or in this case a tv) then you should extend your desktop and then in display options you might want want to tinker with that on moniter #2

i think it was the above poster that gave the resolution conversions like ____ x ___ = 720p

i have a dell mini 9 and that key combo holmes4 was talking about is Fn+8 dont know if its diffrent for mini10's but it has a laptop icon and a roundish screen next to it in one key

laptop|box

dell mini 9|Windows xp home|1GB ram|bluetooth| dying to mod it!
acer ex4420|vista ult|8gb ram|

« Please Can Anyone Help ?? ( Plus A Welcome Post ) | iTunes video and Dell Streak »