Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default Re: Hello! Couple questions plz. - 01-24-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmes4
If you have a spare battery, then sure, leave it at 40% charge in a cool place. But a ritual of removing the active battery from the Mini seems misguided to me.
I agree with you homles4, constantly moving the battery in and out, whats the point of buying a netbook anyways if you aren't going to be portable with it and use it's true netbook feature.

For some reason, I like charging my battery up to 100% then if I home I take out the battery and use AC power. I know it isn't advised to leave it left alone fully charged up but how else will I use my computer on the go, with no power source outside? Gotta be prepared just in case I need to go out with it you know?

Black Mini 9 - 16 SSD - 2GB Ram - 1.3 Cam - Bluetooth 2.1 - Windows XP
  (#12) Old

Default Re: Hello! Couple questions plz. - 01-25-2009, 07:06 PM

also, FWIW, you should be able to set your battery icon to "always show in the system tray" or something to that effect. Look in power options
  (#13) Old

Default Re: Hello! Couple questions plz. - 01-27-2009, 02:57 AM

My solution- In 2-3 years when my battery is kaput, I'll give my mini to a younger family member and upgrade to a newer netbook. I can't see pulling the battery out when I don't even use the case(Timbuk2 black swirl) I bought for it anymore.

Studio 1458 | Fingerprint magnet black Windows 7
Diztop D945GCLF2 | dual-core Intel® Atom™ processor 330
  (#14) Old

Default Re: Hello! Couple questions plz. - 01-27-2009, 06:35 AM

Another tip to help with screen real estate is to use auto hide on your task bar.

I've never liked it on my desktops, but I've been using it on my Mini now for about a week and I really like it - plus I have zero icons on my desktop - very Zen!

« Ubuntu Root Password | Backup and restore to new SSD »