Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default 11-17-2010, 04:10 AM

Yes, f2 and BIOS shows USB Legacy enabled.
With the Win7 USB I have +USB Storage as an option in Boot menu (f12)
With the CD/DVD drive it is not there.
I'm in Win7 now so that have worked it seems that I need to create USB XP installation drive.

EDIT:
I've re-install the NetbookInstaller from my USB OSX and I'm able to dual boot Win7 and OSX with no hassle.
The only thing is that Chameleon choose the OSX as the first to boot I need to press a key to choose Win7.
Is there way to swap it?
If this is possible I will not bother with the XP install.
  (#12) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Default 11-17-2010, 09:00 PM

yes, download this, its called easybcd, you can boot in ANY order you want

link:
Download EasyBCD 2.0.2 - NeoSmart Technologies

PS. its free

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#13) Old

Default 11-23-2010, 10:58 PM

HI there, just done reading your back and forth thread and problems...my guess if you are trying to re-install windows you will need to first re-format your hardrive. Pretty sure if all was once working before with osx that you had formatted hard drive to a mac format. You will need to format the dell mini 10v to a windows friendly environment before loading windows once again.

Mini 10v/1GB RAM/160GB HD/ BIOS A06/SL 10.6.6
Mini 9 /2GB RAM/ 16GB SSD/BIOS A05/SL 10.6.6
OSX Installation via USB & Mac
NBMaker 0.8.4.RC1 / NBI 20100616212351
"Remember to back up your hard earned work with a boot-able disc BEFORE upgrading!"
http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
  (#14) Old

Default 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCNDL1 View Post
HI there, just done reading your back and forth thread and problems...my guess if you are trying to re-install windows you will need to first re-format your hardrive. Pretty sure if all was once working before with osx that you had formatted hard drive to a mac format. You will need to format the dell mini 10v to a windows friendly environment before loading windows once again.
nope nope nope

has nothing to do with the drive not booting the disc. he would have to set up a partition for XP, yes, but it would not cause the drive to not be read.

im guessing you had to pick removeable storage, seeing as the bios won't differentiate between drives. HDD would obviously be the hard drive in the machine, CD/DVD would be any optical drives on the machine, removeable disc is anything USB and network is over LAN through the ethernet port. if removeable storage didn't work and legacy USB is on, then theres a problem with the drive i'd imagine. tried the drive, cable and cd on another 10v?

« How do determine what wireless card is installed (Ubuntu 10.04) | need help with installing wireless router? »