Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Thanks MyDellMini Forum (esp Type11) - 01-11-2009, 04:37 AM

Just wanted to post a quick thanks for you guys being so active and a BIG thanks to Type11... his OS X tutorial and 123boot stuff is fantabulous. My fiancee heard my cries for a mini9 and got one for me for xmas (i would have bought it myself had she not). I got the white one with the basic 4gb STEC and Ubuntu.

I promptly bought 2gb of ram, and ordered the 32gb Runcore from MDD (over ebay)

Since then I installed Ubuntu 8.10, played with it for a day or so...
Installed XP Pro played with that for a couple days (was more sluggish than ubuntu, and the driver support is not meant for portable machines wifi sucks, hotkeys suck, takes a while to boot to a workable state :x )
Installed Windows7 beta 7000, wow it made me hate using Vista on my desktop, and I must say it runs REALLY well on the mini9. (left xp in the dust and looked prettier while doing it)
Then decided to take the plunge and install OS X (10.5.6)

After using so many different OS types i'd have to say OS X is far and away the best OS for portable machines, its super fast, looks great, and the basic programs (Adium for IM, VLC for media, Firefox for web) just work and there is no better accolade than that, IMO.

Everyone on here has be SO helpful just constantly posting and offering up good info.

So thanks everyone, im very happy with my Mini Running OS X and i think ill stay with it.
:mrgreen:

Mini9 | Alpine White | 32gb Runcore SSD | 2gb Crucial 667mhz ram | OSX 10.5.6
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Thanks MyDellMini Forum (esp Type11) - 01-15-2009, 06:27 AM

Glad you're happy. The forum here is pretty great!

Dell Mini 9:Black:GelaSkin by Daim:32GB RunCore SSD:2GB RAM:Bluetoothell 1505 b/g/n

« newbie question | Mini 9 Wireless/Mobile Broadband Issue »