Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Will my 1012 have GPS? - 08-06-2010, 02:37 PM

I just ordered my 1012 over the phone from Dell and requested one with bluetooth, tv tuner, and GPS, Crystal Graphics accelerator, Atom N450, 250Gb, 1Gb, higher res screen option. They guy found one for $400 so I ordered it. He assures me it will have GPS and HDMI, but when I saw the details that were sent to me by email, it doesn't show GPS. How can I find out for sure before it shows up? Did any of you order one with GPS and no 3G and also not see it on the order description emails? Also, everything I'm seeing shows that the newer 1012's all have VGA ports, not HDMI, is that true? He was nice on the phone, but I'm starting to doubt what he's told me.

Finally, regardless of what mine does have. I have never found a video demonstration of the Mini's doing GPS navigation...I can't find one anywhere...does anyone know where I can see a video that demo's this? Its sad that some of the cooler features of the Mini's aren't really demo'd anywhere, I finally saw a video of the TV tuner in action embeded in a review on Amazon.
  (#2) Old
Guru

Default 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM

I dunno about GPS or the TV tuner (my 1012 is a low-end one), but NO netbook with GMA950/GMA3150 graphics has HDMI. The Mini 1012 has the GMA3150, so no HDMI, just VGA.

The older Mini 1010 with the GMA500 has HDMI out. But it had its own weaknesses.

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Tags
gps, hdmi, tv tuner

« registry defrag. | Need power button part »