Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default LCD issue - 07-26-2010, 07:44 PM

Hi all, been lurking on here for a while but after today decided to join up to ask you guys if anyone has had any similar issue with their mini.

I have a bog standard mini 1012 given to me by 3 after I tried to cancel their broadband dongle, and Ive had it for just a month now.
About 2 weeks ago I noticed the LCD didnt seem to be positioned correctly in the casing, as there is a gap around 3mm between the edge of the screen surround and where the image on screen starts on the left hand side.
This gap doesnt appear on the other sides of the screen.
There has been no damage to the unit, not dropped etc.
So I contacted Dell to query it with them, and they arranged a courier to come collect it last monday.
It arrived back today, and first thing I did was fire it up, expecting to have to go through setup as I was advised the HDD would be wiped when it got to Dell's repair team.

Everything was still the same, even my background image.
The gap is still there, and yet the report that came in the box detailed a replaced LCD screen.

I would have contacted Dell about this earlier but I have had other commitments today.

Has anyone had any similar problem with their machine, or Dell's repairers?

Thanks in advance.

Sy
  (#2) Old

Default 07-28-2010, 04:16 PM

Anyone?

« hi noobie here question bout mini 10v | how to wake up mini 10v after sleep? »