Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mini 9 worldwide voltage support? - 01-08-2009, 01:47 AM

Hello everyone,

New here, thinking about buying a Mini 9 here in Canada. I was wondering if I bought this netbook will I be able to use it anywhere in the world, say in France for instance, where they use 240V instead of the standard 110V only by using a gender adapter?

I know most regular notebooks do accept any voltage, as well as for example my Eneloop battery charger which only need the correct socket adaptor.

Because if I have to travel with a power converter, this netbook suddenly just lost some of its portability!

Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 worldwide voltage support? - 01-08-2009, 10:13 AM

The adapter is multivoltage, so yes, you would be able to use it elsewhere in the world (using a plug converter)

Modding the Dell Mini 9 Part 1 & Part 2

DELL MINI 9 | A05 | 10.6.1 | 8GB SSD | 1GB RAM
  (#3) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 worldwide voltage support? - 01-08-2009, 02:46 PM

Nice, thank you very much for the answer. I think Dell should make this information appear on their product page, as it would answer others with the same question...
  (#4) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 worldwide voltage support? - 01-08-2009, 05:57 PM

They probably don't because you would find it very hard to find any new portable computer which doesn't have a universal power supply.

Black Mini 9 2GB/64GB - XP
White Mini 9 2GB/4GB - UNR 9.10
  (#5) Old

Default Re: Mini 9 worldwide voltage support? - 01-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Most all electronics these days have the ability to automatically run all the different worldwide voltages. It's cheaper to manufacture it this way. I've traveled overseas four or five times a years for the past twenty years and haven't needed to use a converter since the 80's for any of the electrical stuff I bring with me.

« Mini 9 Battery Conditioning? | can inspiron 1525 ram be used in mini and vice versa? »