Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default The Waiting - 01-05-2009, 05:06 PM

I ordered my Cherry Red Mini 9 on 1/2/09

At first I thought I'd be cool like Fonzie and just wait for it to arrive, then I saw the order status email and noticed it was "in production" and had a ship date of 1/14.

I still thought that was an ok time, and planned to continue to be cool, but then I hopped on youtube to watch some of the upgrade vids, then some other googling, then these forums. GACK! It's only been three days! I'm so excited!!! How can I possibly make it till the 16th??? (estimated delivery date) :lol:
  (#2) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-06-2009, 02:01 AM

haha thats pretty decent. i have been waiting since the day after christmas with an estimated ship date of 11/13. doesnt that stink lol?
  (#3) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-06-2009, 03:01 AM

No, I totally know what you mean. I ordered mine on the 27th and the estimated ship date is the 12th of January. I was thinking, very naively, that I would order it and it would be here in a week. I did upgrade the memory to 1 GB and the storage to 32 GB, and it will be running ubuntu. I am not sue how Ubuntu will work with other applications tho....Hopefully, it will be evrything I am expecting. I have been spending the last few days on Youtube and surfing the net to get amped up for my new toy and the waiting is becoming near unbearable. I am super excited:-)
  (#4) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-06-2009, 03:20 AM

Yeah. I ordered mine on the 22nd and they're estimating the 17th! :shock: I'm in the same boat - checkin' these forums like a million times a day. I'm all prepared to do a dual boot (XP and OSX). Looking forward to it!
  (#5) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-06-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircharles
Yeah. I ordered mine on the 22nd and they're estimating the 17th! :shock: I'm in the same boat - checkin' these forums like a million times a day. I'm all prepared to do a dual boot (XP and OSX). Looking forward to it!
Oh no, SirCharles! That must be driving you crazy! Did you customize it in some way that would explain that time estimate from the 22nd? Is your status still "In Production"?

We all seem to be in the same time frame, those of you who replied. Keep us updated! Maybe wait won't seem as long! (yeah right! lol)
  (#6) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-07-2009, 09:38 PM

Meh.

I just ordered mine from the Dell Outlet, a stripped bare base Ubuntu version, previously ordered new. Ordered today, Jan 7 and my ship date is Jan 19th! And to think, I thought since it was PON that they had it in a warehouse waiting to go so I actually paid for the overnight shipping so I might have it by the weekend.

I realize it's too late for me, but if someone from Dell is watching - when I do my shipping selection with online ordering, how about adding the estimated ship date with the estimated tax and estimated ship cost? Maybe put a disclaimer that additional items or customizations (which are not available in the outlet) may add time.

Bringing you quality hand made fitted sleeves for the Mini 9 since January
http://shop.psyopper.com
  (#7) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-08-2009, 03:56 AM

Ordered mine from the Outlet on 1 Jan, it arrived 2 days ago . I guess I was lucky and I didn't even get 2-day shipping.

OS X works great on it, and there isn't any issues minus the stuck key sound after sleep and no way to turn BT back on without deleting my pairing with my phone.

Enjoy guys .
  (#8) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-08-2009, 05:58 AM

volareman:

Yeah, dunno. Maybe cuz I'm in Japan and I ordered the English keyboard. I got the Ubuntu w/32G drive, bluetooth, and camera. It has moved from "preparing for production" to "in production", so that's good. Still says the 17th though... At least the folks in the OS X forum have been going nuts making a great installer and fixing a lot of the post-install probs, so it should be a snap to install by the time it finally gets here!
  (#9) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-08-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyopper
Meh.

I just ordered mine from the Dell Outlet, a stripped bare base Ubuntu version, previously ordered new. Ordered today, Jan 7 and my ship date is Jan 19th! And to think, I thought since it was PON that they had it in a warehouse waiting to go so I actually paid for the overnight shipping so I might have it by the weekend.

I realize it's too late for me, but if someone from Dell is watching - when I do my shipping selection with online ordering, how about adding the estimated ship date with the estimated tax and estimated ship cost? Maybe put a disclaimer that additional items or customizations (which are not available in the outlet) may add time.
It will most likely ship long before that date. Mine had some ridiculous shipping date but actually shipped out the next day.
  (#10) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-08-2009, 06:01 PM

:evil: Ordered mine on Dec 5th. Nothing special (1GB, XP, BT, 16GB SSD, 1.3MP) but it has been delayed 3 times...now showing 1/18! Totally frustrated with this, but still want my Mini!

The delay keeps saying it is due to a "supply shortage"? :?

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, 64GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM, BT, 1.3MP, IOGEAR BT Mouse, 500GB WD Elite HD, LG GP08 DVD Drive, 16GB Transcend SDHC, AT&T Quicksilver 3G Aircard, Timbuktu Sleeve, Case Logic Case

« Using 4600 to Install Software on Mini | infinite minis...USB to DVI to TV display »