Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: The Waiting - 01-08-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by i has mini
It will most likely ship long before that date. Mine had some ridiculous shipping date but actually shipped out the next day.
Ordered late last night. Mine had a ESD of 1/14 then jumped up to 1/19 and shipped from Outlet today. So go figure.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#12) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-08-2009, 09:11 PM

The wife just called to tell me I am now the pround father of a baby Dell Mini that has just been delivered.
  (#13) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-10-2009, 12:02 AM

Well, it finished production, but then they bumped the date to the 20th! :?: If it really arrives then, it will be almost a full month since I ordered it.
  (#14) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-10-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sircharles
If it really arrives then, it will be almost a full month since I ordered it.
Yep...join the crowd. Ordered mine on Dec 5th and its "supposed" to be here on January 19th now (a month and a half later), although I'm seriously considering canceling and waiting for the Mini 10... :?

Dell Mini 9: Obsidian Black, 64GB Runcore SSD, 2GB RAM, BT, 1.3MP, IOGEAR BT Mouse, 500GB WD Elite HD, LG GP08 DVD Drive, 16GB Transcend SDHC, AT&T Quicksilver 3G Aircard, Timbuktu Sleeve, Case Logic Case
  (#15) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Hubby ordered me a pretty pink mini for christmas on dec 6. Its been delayed twice now...due to ship Jan 19. I'll believe it when I see it...
  (#16) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to MoInSTL Send a message via MSN to MoInSTL Send a message via Yahoo to MoInSTL
Default Re: The Waiting - 01-10-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoInSTL
Quote:
It will most likely ship long before that date. Mine had some ridiculous shipping date but actually shipped out the next day.
Ordered late last night. Mine had a ESD of 1/14 then jumped up to 1/19 and shipped from Outlet today. So go figure.
Sorry about quoting my own post...

Mini scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I found out when I got off work this morning I am being laid off the end of next week. :cry: So I will have to return my mini. :cry: I have to wait for a return shipping label after I receive it so I may carefully open it just to see the footprint, screen size is for myself and turn it on to see what kind off performance there is albeit being full of bloatware, not uncompressed, varous tweaks not applied, etc.

I'm very bummed out. Hopefully it won't take forever to get another job and I'll be able to get another one soon. When I do, I'll come back by the forum.

Studio 15 1558| Black Chainlink| i5-520M, |4GB RAM |500 GB HD@7200 |ATI HD 4570, 512K|Backlit|9 Cell|Web Cam|Windows 7 Professional x64
  (#17) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-10-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sorry about quoting my own post...

Mini scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I found out when I got off work this morning I am being laid off the end of next week. :cry: So I will have to return my mini. :cry: I have to wait for a return shipping label after I receive it so I may carefully open it just to see the footprint, screen size is for myself and turn it on to see what kind off performance there is albeit being full of bloatware, not uncompressed, varous tweaks not applied, etc.

I'm very bummed out. Hopefully it won't take forever to get another job and I'll be able to get another one soon. When I do, I'll come back by the forum.
Oh no, soooooooooooooo sorry to hear this.
  (#18) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-11-2009, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Mini scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I found out when I got off work this morning I am being laid off the end of next week. :cry: So I will have to return my mini. :cry:
Aw man, that really sucks! Sorry to hear that...I hope you're able to get back into some work again soon. This forum will be here for ya when you return!
  (#19) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-12-2009, 09:17 AM

Woo hoo! The other day, mine was jacked up to the 22nd (which woulda made it a whole month since I ordered it), but today I see... the 15th! Today's the 12th here in Japan, so it should be here soon. Come to poppa, baby!
  (#20) Old

Default Re: The Waiting - 01-13-2009, 04:58 AM

Just ordered mine a few minutes ago. $512 + S&H for a Cherry Red, with 64GB and bluetooth. I'll be ordering a 2GB SODIMM from Amazon. Can't wait!

« Using 4600 to Install Software on Mini | infinite minis...USB to DVI to TV display »