Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default 10v touchpad- the simple answer? - 05-12-2010, 02:40 AM

hi guys, i'm a beginner, having just bought a 10v. I'm running XP Home, and am hoping to fix the issues with the touchpad- it is too sensitive when i'm typing, is difficult to use the integrated buttons, and i'm hoping that i can find a solution that will keep the horizontal and vertical sidebar scrolling function.

I don't know enough about this computer to go through all the various threads about this issue, so i was hoping someone could give me a simple answer. Will installing ApplePS2Controller.kext.zip which was posted by merklort solve my problems with the touchpad? What is the simplest way to get a touchpad that works well, whether or not it was 2 finger scroll is irrelevant. Can someone post a link or the driver?

Thanks,
  (#2) Old

Default 05-12-2010, 03:08 AM

1. No. ApplePS2Controller.kext will not help you. You are running XP. This one is for Hackintosh.
2. I guess you have original Dell driver for your touchpad. Try settings in XP Control panel. They are either in mouse settings or in separate touchpad/trackpad section. Look for advanced settings as well.
3. If nothing helps try to find Synaptics (touchpad manufactorer) Win XP 32 bit driver. Or upgrade to Windows7 which might have better driver as well.

Sorry - no simple answer.

Mini 10v, BIOS A06, OS X 10.6.6, Linux-Mint, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
  (#3) Old

Default 05-12-2010, 09:24 AM

Download and install the latest driver from Synaptics at Scrybe, you will have many settings for your requirements
  (#4) Old

Default 05-12-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokenguyen View Post
Download and install the latest driver from Synaptics at Scrybe, you will have many settings for your requirements

can anyone confirm that teh driver from Synaptics will resolve the issue of the touchpad buttons causing the mouse to move around randomly?

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

scrybe doesn't fix the problem with the touchpad buttons and hypersensitive pad.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I basically want the area of my touchpad where the buttons are located to only function for clicking, and not cause any issues with movement.
  (#5) Old

Default 05-14-2010, 01:40 PM

does anyone have any ideas about how to solve this problem?

I know there are alot of threads about this, but I'm not sure if most are related to Hackintosh versus for XP users.
  (#6) Old
Administrator

Default 05-14-2010, 02:39 PM

I have not seen it commonly reported that XP users have a problem with the trackpad being "too sensitive". You could try going into the "Mouse" control panel applet and seeing if adjusting any of the Synaptics settings helps you.

I do know people who tend to brush the touchpad when reaching for something else, and this may be an issue for you. I generally avoid touchpads unless I don't have an alternative, and use a mouse with my Mini 9 where I can.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#7) Old

Default 05-15-2010, 01:14 AM

This thread is the closest I've seen with a successful fix.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9sarora View Post
Does anyone know how to fix this? I basically want the area of my touchpad where the buttons are located to only function for clicking, and not cause any issues with movement.
  (#8) Old

Default 06-28-2010, 12:02 PM

Try this solution, it works for me on my mini 10v. It disables a small portion of the touchpad at the bottom.

Ubuntu Karmic Koala on the Dell Mini 10v Netbook - Linuxcentre Wiki
  (#9) Old
Expert Member

Default 06-28-2010, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuoh View Post
This thread is the closest I've seen with a successful fix.

KuoH
Sweet, I thought of this too but couldn't find it.
Thanks for the link!

C:\M11xR2\320GBHD\4GBRAM\W7HP
D:\duo\320GBHD\2GBRAM\W8DP

« Mini 10 cooling system. | New 10v Nickelodeon - what can I get rid of? »