Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Xbox 360 on Dell Mini 10v? - 05-11-2010, 10:16 AM

Hi, As you see I am quite new, too new actually.
But my question is, I want to buy the Xbox 360 VGA cables to hook up to my Mini 10v, but I just tried hooking up my desktop computer to my laptop using the standard VGA cable. Now this didn't work out too well, Windows kept playing that sound when something is connected, then disconnected. When connected, I tried going to my settings and telling it to use the display as the monitor, and it just went black. Now I know my desktop is on, cause its on 24/7.
So, does anyone know, or tried, hooking up their 360 using the VGA cord and worked? If so, will you please tell me how? Moving out soon and I don't wanna move a 100lbs+ of a TV. Rather just use my monitor since space is limited.
Please someone help before I buy the cord.
  (#2) Old
Guru

Default 05-11-2010, 12:00 PM

You can't use the onboard VGA output as an input. If you want an external source on the Mini's screen, then you need a USB video capture device. (Performance might not be great for playing games)

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old

Default 05-11-2010, 07:24 PM

Ok, thanks. Now I just saved myself like $60 for not buying that VGA cord.
I do happen to have a 21" Dell Trinitron monitor, the damn things a BEAST, maybe I should bring that then lol, but it doesnt have HDMI.
Thanks again.

Tags
10v, 360, monitor, vga, xbox

« Mini 9 hard drive | used 1010 and system restore »