Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Unhappy USB wireless trouble on mini - 05-03-2010, 01:24 AM

Greetings,
I am a new Dell Mini 10 user. I have not been able to get my new AT&T USB Wireless to work on the Dell Netbook. It works fine on my larger laptop but on the netbook Windows does not even recognize it after the 'communication manager' has been downloaded. I am wondering if this could be a Windows 7 Starter issue. I spent 2hours w the AT&T techies and they finally said it was a computer issue because windows does not recognize the wireless. I have ordered the Windows 7 updater so I guess I will see if this changes. I wonder if anyone has had this problems and if you have any suggestions please.

Thanks!!
  (#2) Old
Guru

Default 05-03-2010, 03:42 AM

Welcome to the forums.

I don't know what the specific problem is, but I doubt the problem is Windows 7 Starter. Do your USB ports work normally with other devices? What OS is the larger laptop running? XP/Vista/7? 32 or 64bit?

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old

Default USB wireless trouble on mini - 05-03-2010, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex View Post
Welcome to the forums.

I don't know what the specific problem is, but I doubt the problem is Windows 7 Starter. Do your USB ports work normally with other devices? What OS is the larger laptop running? XP/Vista/7? 32 or 64bit?
My larger laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 inch. It runs on Vista. I have not had any problems w the USB ports working on my Dell Mini 10. They work fine.
The AT&T folks say it should work fine on the mini. I am not sure what the 'bits' , but the larger is probably 64.

Thanks for replying.

« Deleted something I now it won't boot | hello mydellmini »