Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default FAQ page - 04-17-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi, newbie here. Can you help me find the FAQ page?
The forum mentioned I should read it, which I'd gladly do, but I can't seem to find it.

Great info on this site. Thank you all.

Dell Mini 9/ 1g RAM/ 2g SSD diffnetly need an an upgrade
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 04-17-2010, 08:02 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'll admit that the FAQ is not in an obvious place nowadays. The Mini 9 FAQ is here: Frequently Asked Questions and other good Mini9 Advice

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM

Thank you, I did read that thread. Could you tell me where I could get more info on how to participate in a forum? Like how to get answers posted to my email. What goes in my signature line. Is that where peoples computer info shows up?
Thanks again!
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 04-19-2010, 02:01 PM

for email repsonses click on 'User CP' at the top of your screen and look on the left for 'Edit Options', in options there is an 'Messaging and Notification' option, in there under 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' (the 2nd box) you can chose none,instant,daily,weekly options to receive notifications, and yes the signature is where you enter your computer info or any other info (but most use it for computer info) you want to show up on the bottom of your response...see mine below, each time you answer a post at the bottom of the text box there is a checkbox that says "Show your signature" so you have the capability to turn it off for that particular post, you can access it by clicking on 'User CP' at the top of your screen, and look for signature along the left hand side, you can figure it out after that....

PS. Welcome to the forum....

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case
  (#5) Old
Administrator

Default 04-19-2010, 03:04 PM

There is no requirement to use the signature field to provide configuration details. A single line is reasonable, if you want to do it.

Please keep in mind that the forum is meant to be interactive and "many to many" - while you can get an email when a reply is posted, don't expect to use email (or personal messages) as a substitute for participation in the forum.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« New 1012 owner | Got my Mini »