Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Random Alarm Siren on Mini 10V - 02-19-2010, 06:10 PM

I did a search and didn't find anything which answered my question. I received my mini 10v for Christmas and haven't used it that much due mainly to OS reliability issues.

I am running Windows XP. The only applications I have used are IE and Safari. So I haven't really taxed the machine. On three seperate occasions the computer has decided to let out this really loud sound, which sounds like a fire alarm. I have no clue what caused it. The only way to shut the computer down is to turn off the power button on the computer.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I was going to switch to OSX, but I figured if this was an issue where I had to send the computer back to Dell I would wait to install OSX.
  (#2) Old
Administrator

Default 02-19-2010, 07:55 PM

That's usually an overheat alert, though I have never heard of this happening on a Mini. I very much doubt it is OS-related.

Steve
Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10
  (#3) Old

Default 02-20-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcm View Post
I did a search and didn't find anything which answered my question. I received my mini 10v for Christmas and haven't used it that much due mainly to OS reliability issues.

I am running Windows XP. The only applications I have used are IE and Safari. So I haven't really taxed the machine. On three seperate occasions the computer has decided to let out this really loud sound, which sounds like a fire alarm. I have no clue what caused it. The only way to shut the computer down is to turn off the power button on the computer.

Has anyone had this happen to them?

I was going to switch to OSX, but I figured if this was an issue where I had to send the computer back to Dell I would wait to install OSX.
this has happened to me aswell... It really freaks me out. I thought it was possesed

« Help - Jumping cursor! | BroadCom BCM70012 in a mini 10v? »