Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default AC charger - 02-05-2010, 02:05 PM

I bought my wife a mini 10V for Xmas. Perfect for her needs.She keeps it home most of the time. Uses the AC power adapter/charger. When turned off with a fully charged battery, will the unit/battery be harmed if the charger is left plugged in? With a full charge in the battery the on/off charging lite on the computer is off but there is a small led glow on the input of the charging/power cable. Thanks, Mark S.
  (#2) Old

Default 02-05-2010, 02:10 PM

according to the electric company where I live, phantom power, which is power used by things plugged-in-but-not-turned-on, makes up 25% of your electric bill.

what they say is that if you unplugged all the devices in your house that you are not using such as toasters, coffee makers, lights, computers, etc etc. and only plugged them in during use, your electric bill would be 25% less.

whatever.

if you're worried about whether something will happen to the a/c "brick", or the mini, then don't worry about, nothing will happen.

Dell mini 10v - OS10.6.2 Bios A05 - 1.6 ghz Intel Atom - 160 GB HD - 2GB RAM - Bluetooth- VMWare Fusion 3.01 with XP Pro
  (#3) Old

Default 02-05-2010, 06:16 PM

If you remove your device from the cord and leave it plugged it, it will be damaged (possibly) only by a spike in the power grid. Leaving a low-voltage cord plugged into a outlet without a load, will not effect anything.
  (#4) Old
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to rrfranczak3 Send a message via MSN to rrfranczak3 Send a message via Yahoo to rrfranczak3
Cool 02-06-2010, 02:46 AM

you should be using either a UPS or surge protected power strip..and you wont have any issues...period, both of my servers are on a UPS along with my flat screen and printers...no worry there....and my big HP laptop and Netbook are always on a protected power strip and when they are not on they are unplugged, for traveling I have a single outlet surge protector I got from Radio Shack...lost a couple of motherboards in the past ..too expensive to repair NOT to be careful now...........

Dell Mini 10 (Obsidian Black 1010), 2gb RAM, 1.66ghz 533mhz FSB (Z530) processor, A10 BIOS, 1 Terabyte (1000 GB) WD Scorpio Blue Hard Drive (5400rpm), Intel GMA 500 Integrated Graphics, TV Tuner, Bluetooth 2.1 module with EDR, 1.3mp Camera, 1366x768 HD Screen, Wireless 1510 b/g/n mini card, 6 cell (56WHr) Battery, 4gb SDHC, 64gb Flashdrive, Targus Netbook Chillpad, Targus Sport Case, Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (500gb)/Windows 8.1 (500gb) (Dual Boot)

iPad 4 (64gb) w/Retina,Targus Versavu Case

« What netbooks currently available at Best Buy are the best for hackintoshing? | Which Should I Buy? »