Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#11) Old

Default 01-29-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex View Post
Cnn.com videos seem to work (they save to a temp file like I described above). If you're launching mplayer from a terminal like me, and you want to play a second video, you can leave the terminal open, switch back to the browser, queue and pause the video, then switch back to the terminal and press up arrow to run the same command again: "mplayer /tmp/Fl*".

The trick doesn't seem to work with Hulu.
thank you so much for testing this for me. i still haven't decided if i will go back to ubuntu linux or try the snow leopard method that chris posted. anyways, you've given me a great possible solution and i thank you again.
  (#12) Old

Default 01-29-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmini View Post
thanks again for the reply. you suggested that i install snow leopard over my broken 10.5.8? do u think this will work if my SDD is only 16GB with only about 4GB free?

do you think this will play flash vid better than the method that reflex suggested? (i don't own a TV so watching flash vid is a necessity for me)
Yes i think you can install it over the old one, dont know about your ssd, but the snow install is much littler(sorry no better english word in my head)
you can deselect other languages and printer drivers to reduce the installation size.

With a liitle bit of luck, you get your old files back.

Dont forget to rerun NBI after Installation

good luck.

cnn.com is stuttering sometimes without flashblocker, with flashblocker it runs normal.

Hope i could give you help

mini10v | 10.6.3 | 2GB RAM | 64GB SSDNOW V-Series | NBI 0.8.4RC1 | A06 | BT:no | WAKEn LEGACYff
  (#13) Old

Default 02-01-2010, 12:26 AM

No problems using win7 starter, maybe try a microsoft operating system?

Firefox with add block plus will help if using ms windows.
  (#14) Old

Default 02-01-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedj View Post
No problems using win7 starter, maybe try a microsoft operating system?

Firefox with add block plus will help if using ms windows.
thanks for the reply. what's the specs of your mini? I already own OSX, and Ubuntu is free, but i would have to buy windows 7. some of the earlier posters in this thread have claimed that poor flash performance is due to the atom processor, not the operating system that i'm running.

do you disagree with them? i've considered buying windows 7 or XP for my mini but several people have already said it won't fix the problem. do you think it will? is it worth spending the money? is the performance that much greater?
  (#15) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 02-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Things tend to be fine for me on Windows 7 too. Flashblock is a great help also.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.

« Mini 10v RAM Questions | What netbooks currently available at Best Buy are the best for hackintoshing? »