Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Trackpad issues - 01-29-2010, 03:29 AM

I have a Mini 10v with Windows 7 (Model # PP19S) and when I bring it out of sleep, the scrolling function to the far right as well as the bottom of the trackpad no longer functions. Restarting Windows re-enables the function. Is this a known issue?
Also, the manual shows that the user should be able to continuously scroll by making a clockwise or counterclockwise pattern in this same zone. My attempts to do this completely failed. (I tried when the scrolling function was still behaving itself.) Of course, my manual doesn't even seem to recognize that Windows 7 could be an option for this system, so that may be the problem with this function.
I tried searching the forums, but nearly every result seemed to be about configuring the trackpad in Hackintosh systems or driver hacking to change the functions outright. (So please forgive my utter n00bness if someone has already discussed this before.)
If I were to download a hacked driver, does this invalidate my warranty?
TIA!
  (#2) Old

Default 02-01-2010, 12:47 AM

The circular scrolling function is for the 1010 not the 1011 (10v) the 1010 has a multifunction pad unlike the 10v.

This is the way i read it, it may be wrong but the track pad is limited in functions, if you use win7 version there is a new driver on the dell site that maybe adds more funcionality??

Any hacked drivers will not invalidate your warranty.
  (#3) Old

Send a message via MSN to Side.Step.Society
Default 02-01-2010, 06:44 PM

The 10v also has circular scrolling. Not just the 10.

Go to the Synaptics site and download the latest touchpad driver, it's much better than the Dell driver.

« Battery life on a new Mini 10v? | Mini 10v RAM Questions »