Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Mini 10 w/Ubuntu screen brightness auto-adjust - 01-22-2010, 01:36 PM

I love my purple Dell Mini 10, running Ubuntu. Its awesome for note-taking in class and recording stuff, love it. But I have one problem: the screen brightness auto-adjust is a bit stubborn. I like the screen brightness to stay at the lowest setting while in class. I can lower it myself using the F4 key no problem. But if I don't touch the keyboard for about 30 seconds, and then start typing again, the screen brightness jumps up to about half of full. How can I get it to stop doing this? It interrupts my note taking to keep reducing the brightness. I am wondering if there is a Linux command or something that would fix this? My husband is a computer engineer, so if someone has a technical fix, don't be afraid to post it. If I don't get it, then he will!
Thanks in advance!
PS: I did look through the forums but I couldn't find any threads pertaining to my issue, but I apologize if I'm being redundant and I just missed it somewhere.
  (#2) Old
Guru

Default 01-22-2010, 10:31 PM

Look under "System menu > Preferences > Power Management". Try unchecking "Dim display when idle".

Mini 9 | Intel 5100 Wifi | Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook
Mini 1012 | SSD | Intel 6200 Wifi | Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
  (#3) Old

Default 01-25-2010, 09:42 PM

that fixed it, thanks!

« My Battery core is loose i think! HURRY IT WILL RUN OUT OF BATTERY!! | What is the Fn for? How to adjust sound? Is there a calculator keypad? »