Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default Totally the FNG here but to get some input - 01-18-2010, 05:21 AM

I just purchased my first Mini 9 with 1gb RAM, 8gb SSHD, Windows XP. I have to say that I am impressed what these little things can do. I ust say that after researching this site I could have done a little better. I paid 200.00 for this one and its practically brand new and it came with a external CD ROM. Are they cheap to upgrade? or should I leave this one alone and let the kids use it. I would like to have 2gb RAM and at least a 32gb SSHD. thats pretty much all that this thing really needs to upgrade??? thanks for all the great info on the site. I am glad to be owner of this one bad little computer..
  (#2) Old

Default 01-18-2010, 07:32 AM

Yup, and you picked the right model, it's the only one where both can be easily accessed under the panel on the bottom. Just be aware that the panel snaps in so it will need to be gently pried off after removing the screws. Find a thin piece of plastic or something to slide under there to get it started then pry it off with your fingers, no sweat. The only gotcha is that they use locktight on the HD screws so use a good screwdriver of the correct size and don't strip the puppies! I've seen a few that were pretty damn tight while others aren't bad, just depends on how much they used during assembly. Enjoy!

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

« looking for places to buy parts... | How do I know if my mini has bluetooth? »