Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Exclamation New Owner Old Issues - 01-07-2010, 08:48 PM

Hey Campbellsoup here.
Just got my dell shipped here today and took it right home and went to work on it, installed a 2gb of ram and a seagate 320gb 7200 hdd and put it all back together ( without even turning it on) didn't even bother cause I was going to install osx on it regardless on the new hdd.
So everything going smoothly bios downgraded with usb , perfect. with little exception of the ports being a little tight. then took the osx usb and plugged it in and got the dredded.

pze-e61: media test failure. check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
Operating System not Found

Well, duh. I know there`s not a OS on the hdd cause I`m trying to put os on it. but I just don`t understand why the usb isn`t picking up, when i downgraded it the usb worked fine it fine. my friend used it on his dell mini 10V last week with not a problem. so I need some opinions on how to fix this... mabey i should now upgrade to A05... put in the original 160 and then transfer it to the 320 ( paainfull >.>) get my friend to redo the osx usb on his mac( considering I got rid of mine for 2 years ago) or throw it against a wall
  (#2) Old
Expert Member

Default 01-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Make sure you have USB boot enabled in the BIOS and/or hit F12 at the post screen and select the USB option, which should have a check by it if something is plugged in.
This is the guide I used:
http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides/nbi2.shtml

C:\M11xR2\320GBHD\4GBRAM\W7HP
D:\duo\320GBHD\2GBRAM\W8DP
  (#3) Old

Default 01-07-2010, 09:23 PM

I have tried that, the symbol is a star "*" , but still no luck
  (#4) Old
Expert Member

Default 01-07-2010, 09:31 PM

Well my next two thoughts would be 1, is your thumbdrive bootable, and 2, is it a good image on it.

C:\M11xR2\320GBHD\4GBRAM\W7HP
D:\duo\320GBHD\2GBRAM\W8DP
  (#5) Old

Default 01-07-2010, 09:55 PM

well i think thats the main thing, he used it on his mini 10v with no problems a week ago and just gave it to me, but I might get him to run the booter again. cause it's just not working. but man I'm soo eager to get it working!!!

« Dell mini 10v maximum ram frequency??? | windows7 starter speedup ? »