Beginners Questions New to the community? Make your first post here. If your question is regarding Mac OS X, please use the Mac OS X forum.

(#1) Old

Default intro+some driver questions(mini 10) - 01-01-2010, 07:53 AM

Hey Guys, Ive been reading these forums for a week or two since I got my Dell Mini 10. I have since decrapwared my computer and installed all of my essentials. I'm what most people would call an avid PC gamer, I play mostly FPS's but am open to other genres as well. I don't expect to play FPS games on my Mini but I have installed Torchlight and have played that some. I was wondering what the best drivers are for light 3d gaming on my Mini. Currently I have the IEDG 10....1447 driver but im only getting 10-15 FPS(at best!) in Torchlight at 800x480 res. I don't know if thats normal or if I should the Intel GMA500 graphics accelerator drivers. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I loveeee my PC games. Thanks in advance (:

Green Dell Mini 10, 1024x600 screen, Windows XP
  (#2) Old

Default 01-02-2010, 09:20 AM

I'm Sorry... But there's not much to do... Try to overclock it, you will gain some fps for sure, but I don't know if it will become playable... Search setfsb in the forum for overclock infos, or PM me. However you should try to use games from 1998-2002 ages. For example: Serious Sam 2 in openGL, with IEGD, will work well!

The GMA500 Guru: ask me for every video problem! (Or if you desire a perfect video experience)
Win Xp, Driver .1016, Full Hd Youtube Working; Win7, Driver .2019
Dell Mini 10, HDD Momentus 7200.2 160gb (best 2.5" access time )
  (#3) Old

Default 01-02-2010, 06:49 PM

thanks Ill check that out, and its not that torchlight is unplayable, I was just looking to see if there was a better driver solution than what I was using

Green Dell Mini 10, 1024x600 screen, Windows XP

« confused.com | Well ill introduce myself 7 a couple questions »